Thursday, April 12, 2007

Honesty





I was listening to the radio on the way home when I heard a song that really caught my ear.

Rascal Flatts sang:

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

As I was listening, I thought, how refreshing! This group was actually honest about a break up. He was hurt because he put his heart out there to love, and it was rejected. Most songs about breakups are filled with bitterness, slamming the other person, or putting up a wall saying something like you just don't know by me - I can have another you in a minute so don't get to thinking your irreplaceable. These kind of songs mask how people are really feeling. They cover the hurt instead of saying it real - you hurt me and I was just trying to love you.

I think if we were more honest with the fact that we are trying to love and sometimes we do get hurt in the process, we would be less bitter and more willing to face the hurt and heal from it instead of then turning around and hurting someone else.

2 comments:

LOUD? said...

Hey!

How are you guys!

I love the new family pic you have up there! Was that recent?

Love Nomes

the Parry's said...

yeah - it was from Easter at the mall. cool backdrop, hey?!