Monday, April 02, 2007

The Body


Today, Lucas and I went for a walk. Going for a walk in our development is not very productive... There are always neighbors out that you stop and say g-day to.

On our 4th stop of saying hi to neighbors, we stopped for a while and really chatted.

They are actually our dear friends. They are having to make some big decisions in life at the moment and are really seeking God for His perfect path.

A prophetic word is probably what they are really looking for - someone to say Thus Sayith God and they would know what direction to go.

My friend was joking and said - do you guys have a prophetic word? We told them we could make one up if they wished - but didn't think that would help.

Anyways - here is where I'm going with this... I think we all have a very important part in the body of Christ. I also think that one day we might be one part of the body and another day we could be something different. In other words, somedays - I could be the mouth and use my prophetic giftings when the next day, I need to be the hands and serve someone in need. Another day, I can be the heart caring for another with sincerity. Even though I have a prophetic gifting, I don't necessarily always have to be a mouth.

In my friends situation, I felt like I was supposed to be the ears tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll be the mouth or the eyes, but I still don't think I can fully say - Thus Sayith God do this or that at this point. I think for now, God has me as one who will listen and give insight when I feel led.

Listen to the Spirit when He's telling you what part of the body you should be for that very moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When in Rome.

I know you folks are world traveled and all but i also know the rule should be, when in Rome do as the Romans do. Jodsters used to always follow that rule, which is why I wonder why she would say g-day when walking down the street in the southern USA? (I amwriting it in this way because it appears she wrote this entry). Shouldn't you say, Howdie y'all? I just want to make your lives in the southern USA a bit more pleasant. Of course when in the NE US, just say, YO! LOL

FYI the whole saying "when in Rome..." was atually stolen from the Greeks who coined the original phrase, "When in Sparta, do as the Spartans." Kinda funny how the Romans get credit, but then again the winners always get to hang the losers and write the history from their perspective.

So in keeping with the spirit of being in Rome, or Nashville or in a tornado...

Have a nice day, y'all! ;-)

PS- Thanks for the tips on tornadoes. The way the weather is getting with that non-existant global warming we may be in for some much more severe weather up here...or really anywhere for that matter.