Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Psalm 102:1-2 (The Message)
God, listen! Listen to my prayer, listen to the pain in my cries.
Don't turn your back on me just when I need you so desperately.
Pay attention! This is a cry for help! And hurry—this can't wait!

This is how I felt the other night. The Message captured my emotion so well!

Lucas is currently in Uganda, Africa leading a missions trip for 2 weeks. On Monday night, I felt an overwhelming and unswerving desire to pray hard for Lucas especially and the team. I started crying out to God not knowing what to pray for and then a bit in the Spirit. I felt like I was fighting but not sure what I was waring against.

And Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Ephesians 6:18 NIV

Then suddenly without warning, the war stopped, and I felt God say, stop praying. I thought, that's weird. Why do I need to stop? I'm not even sure why I started? Why did it end suddenly? What was going on?

I didn't hear from Lucas the next day, and I started getting worried. I began letting my thoughts drift off to a place I don't like to go. What if something happened to Lucas?! I would be a single parent having to assure Liam of his daddy's love. And oh how daddy loves that boy!!! I began thinking of fun times and how much I love him and how I couldn't bare losing him. I began to pray again, but this time for my own benefit and not with the prior urgent need. This reflection also taught me to embrace the moments and to love until it hurts. Take advantage of times I do have with Lucas and Liam and those around me that I love.

I did hear from Lucas this morning - PRAISE YOU, JESUS! He said he was woken up and under attack in the spiritual realm. He thanked me for my prayers because he said it was pretty intense. If you think about it, pray for Lucas and team around 7pm CST while he is gone for protection, safety and God's grace.

Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am. Isaiah 58:9 NRSV

"I know not by what methods rare, but this I know: God answers prayer." ~unknown

1 comment:

LOUD? said...

Hey

We have been praying for both of you.

Can't wait to hear waht awesome testimonies God will bring threough your prayers!

I love the way you found and used those awesome verses and passages

I love Psalms in the message bible, you can really feel the emotion!

I hope you are enjoying yourself wile Lucas is gone, and enjoying Liam!

We're thinking of you guys!


Love Nomes